One of our food revolutionist, Katharina. H sent us the recipe of the Mealworm Zucchini Pancakes. We are so thrilled to try it. Let's follow her recipe and prepare your own Zucchini Pancakes with mealworms!
Recipe for 2 People Ingredients:
- 1-2 zucchinis
- 1 small chopped onion
- 50g frozen mealworms
- 3 tablespoons flour/breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- some pepper
- (100g of grated cheese - if you like)
- Vegetable Oil
Instruction (Preparation of the Zucchini Pancakes):
- Grate the zucchini and add salt. Wait a few minutes and pour out the water.
- Add chopped onion and mix.
- Add egg, breadcrumbs, crushed garlic, and pepper (and grated cheese) and mix thoroughly.
- Put frozen mealworms into the hot pan without oil and wait until they do not move anymore (they are dead, it is the expanding water that makes them wriggle).
- Then take them out and carefully add them to the already well-mixed zucchini dough.
- Heat a large pan with vegetable oil and put in the frozen mealworms. Take tablespoons full of the zucchini dough, put them in the pan, and flatten them a little.
- Turn them over carefully when the bottom starts getting brown. When both sides are crispy put them on a paper towel to drip off some oil.
Yum Yum. Bon Appétit!