INGREDIENTS FOR 2 SERVINGS OF MEALWORMS SALAD:
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup coriander (chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup frozen mealworms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil mealworms for a few minutes until soft
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped onions, avocados, feta cheese, coriander, chickpeas, olive oil and lime juice.
- Rinse boiled mealworms thoroughly with fresh water and roast without any oil. Add salt to taste while they are still moist.
- Mix mealworms with salad.
- Serve as long as the mealworms are still hot.