Recipe for 2 People Ingredients:
- 100g of rice (ideally dark/wild rice)
- 30g of sweet corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 half tablespoon of soy sauce
- sunflower oil or other neutral plant-based oil for frying
- 50g of mealworms dried or 100g of mealworms fresh
- salt, pepper, chili
- cilantro or parsley
Instructions (Preparation of Mealworms from the Hive):
- After harvesting, freeze your mealworms in a container fit for freezing for a minimum 5 hours.
- Then boil them in hot water for about 3 minutes, then rinse.
Instructions (Preparation of the Mealworm Fried Rice):
- Fry chopped onion and garlic in about 5 tablespoons of hot oil.
- Once they start to get golden, add boiled or dried mealworms and fry together until it all has a nice golden color.
- Add boiled rice and more oil as needed and fry together. Then add sweet corn and also the boiled mealworms
- After another 1-2 minutes, add 2 beaten eggs and stir well.
- Then add soy sauce and spices.
- Chop cilantro or parsley into small pieces and add into the mix.
- Then take off stove and serve with a bit of the cilantro or parsley on top.
- For additional fresh flavor, you can add butter and a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon.
Here's a snippet where were enjoying the refreshing Mealworm Fried Rice!
Featured on TV Channel: http://bit.ly/2LZhl8W
While you're here: