Lesson 10: Grow Healthy Food with Mealworm Dung (120 min)Regular price $25.00
You Are Visiting From
This product is a part 10 of the 13-part ready-to-go curriculum that we have developed. For the whole curriculum click here.
Wondering how to get the most out of your educational work with Hive Explorer?
Test the effects of using mealworm poop as fertilizer for microgreens. Set up a microgreen growth tray, and construct a growth chamber. Growing greens is not just for grandmas, it is way too much fun!
materials needed: mealworm poop, LED light, light socket connector, light connector, timer for light, mesh, rectangular glass container, extension cord, packing tape, electronic weight scale, recycled cardboard, graduated cylinder, beaker, hydrogen peroxide 0.3%, ruler, scissors, permanent markers, paper tape, spray bottle, AAA battery, fine sieve, worksheets, towel, cleaning solution
- Hands-on exercises and worksheets
- download a sample lesson (lesson 2) here
- see curriculum alignment to standards here
• Download of lesson 10 contains:
- Lesson Plan and Teacher Guide
- Lesson Presentation PPT + PDF
- Lesson Notes for Delivering the PPT without prior preparation
- Worksheet for hands-on exercises + Resources & Material List
• Standards aligned
• For use with the Hive Explorer Set or Hive Explorer Educator Set (Hive Explorer is not included)
STEM Classes, Biology Classes, Geography Classes, Liberal Studies Classes, Environmental Science Classes, Summer Schools, Workshops